23 April 2008

Shift Happens

We saw this in class today. I thought it was really a neat thing to think about.

2 comments:

maha said...

I saw this last year while at a conference in Boston. The OLPC project is really an amazing phenomenon, one of the most technologically impressive that I've seen. Not to mention the global social impact that it may have in the up-and-coming decades. Who knows, maybe the next Bill Gates will come from Africa.

As for the 25-28% of China and India that have top IQ's... having worked with China and India for years, I don't think that the US is in immediate danger of being out-thought... not that there aren't brilliant people out there, rather there are cultural differences that result in advantages on either side.

Have you checked up to see if your job down in Houston has changed yet? ;)

HamBone said...

Aw shift! In some ways this is scary. Remember that neither of these behemoths is primarily Christian either.