25 March 2010

Moving to Austin

Well family, it's done.

I tendered my resignation yesterday with Prodea Systems. After many weeks of soul searching and keeping myself as well as dad up late pondering the pros and cons, I think this will be best long term for the family and me. It went over like the proverbial lead balloon at Prodea but I know that my friends will understand and the ones in my inner circle who already know are wishing me nothing but congratulations and continued success.

At the moment the plan is to start work on April 12th at TippingPoint. I'll be rooming with Craig for a while, many thanks for that brother, and traveling back and forth on the weekends to Dallas in order to see Colette and the kids and get the house ready for market. We've a couple of real estate agents lined up over the next week to come and give their assessment. After several years of neglect I know that there is a lot of work to be done in order to get the house ready to sell, and selling a broken house into a soft market isn't going to be easy, so we may be sitting on a mortgage in Dallas and a lease in Austin for a while, but we'll manage.

In all I hope to have the kids done with school and the family relocated to Austin by the end of June. Please keep us in your prayers as we move forward with the newest chapter in our lives and we are certainly looking forward with extreme excitement to finally being able to spend more time with the extended family in the central Texas region.

Love to you all,
Marc

3 comments:

Hammo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hammo said...

Awesome Marc-y! (Marcy doesn't seem to be spelled right) That's really cool. You'll have to tell me more about it over the golf tournament in May.

maha said...

you bet bubba... really looking forward to that. At the moment life is pretty hectic. We're getting the house packed up and a lot of work done on it so that we can get it onto the market and have it be competitive.

Stress abounds, but God willing we'll get it all done and be in good shape by summer's end. :)